Mission: To promote the knowledge and experience of the arts as a public good.
Vision: Art is essential to Sitka.
• Inclusivity, offering art and cultural value to all
• Encouragement, pursuing a creative and diverse artistic exchange
• Support, celebrating artists and cultural arts groups and organizations
• Education, nurturing arts in the lives of youth through school integration
• Health and Well-Being, promoting art as essential to a vibrant community
• Communication, using art as a powerful means of personal connection
• Freedom, forwarding the fundamental right of artistic and cultural expression
• Promotion, uplifting artists to transcend adversities by creating opportunities for artistic expression
• Worth, recognizing the arts for its intrinsic, economic and educational value
• Community, utilizing arts and culture as a means of creating a stronger, more desirable place to live, work and visit