Arti-Gras is a two- week celebration of arts events that takes place every Spring. The event includes but is not limited to: workshops, guest artists, a gallery walk, exhibitions, the Wearable Arts Runway Show & Extravaganza, a 48 hour film fest, and much more!
Click on the link below for Arti-Gras 2014 schedule which will be from February 28th through March 15th! Please check back for updates. Join us!
2014 Sitka Arti Gras Music & Arts Festival Calendar
Brought to you by the Greater Sitka Arts Council
For more information go to Sitkaarts.org, www.thinkartthinksitka, or call Jeff 747-4821 or Sarah 738-5234 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday 28 Feb –
• Signup for the 48-Hour Film Festival: Feb. 28th, 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.: 713B Sawmill Creek Rd. Questions – 738-1074 Van Hanson.
Saturday March 1st –
•Wearable Art Shows, Centenniel Building – Matinee, 2:00 p.m., Evening show, 7:30 p.m., tickets at Old Harbor Books
• Larisa Manewal Photography Workshop: New Ways To Change Your Point of View – 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 , Yaw Art Sheldon Jackson College Campus
• Opening of Adventure Cycling Bicycle Photo display at Backdoor-hanging all month.
Sunday March 2nd-
• Larisa Manewal: Stopping Time -Using Shutter Speed for Creative Control Photography workshop 12:00 Noon to 2:30 p.m., Yaw Art Building Sheldon Jackson College Campus
48 Hour Film Fest turn in films 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.: 713B Sawmill Creek Rd.
Monday March 3rd –
• Tattoo as Body Art Show – Pub: sign up 7:30 p.m., contest starts at 8p.m. Or pre-register at Body Piercing Unlimited or Pub.
Wed March 5
• Art Aerobics – 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.pm: sign up at the door, $15.00.
What is it? An on-going experiment with art as exercise or an exercise of art! Let the music move you to play with color at an aerobic pace to get your blood pumping. No previous art experience necessary. Instructor, Suzan Brawlyn
Friday March 7th
• Sitka Folk & the Greater Sitka Arts Council present North Country Cajun Club, a Cajun Dance, 21 and over, beer and wine, doors open 7:30 p.m. tickets Old Harbor Books
• National Park Service and Forest Service opening: Voices in the Wilderness Art Show to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Wilderness Act
Saturday March 8th
• Fireweed Dancers – Contact Sitka Studio of dance for information
• Evon Zerbetz 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 Noon Children’s Book Illustration for Adults
Evon Zerbetz 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Bookmaking 101 – Paste Papers + Simple Book Forms (12 and up)
Sunday March 9th
• Evon Zerbetz – 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Children’s Book Illustration for Adults continued – LAB
3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Children’s Book Illustration for Youth.
Class fees for workshops with Evon:
Take advantage of discounts off regular prices with early registration Children’s Book Illustration (2 session class, both Sat + Sun) $40 early registration, $50 after March 3rd.
Min of 10 and max of 25 participants.
Book Making 101 $25 early, $32 after March 3rd
Book Illustration for Youth $12 early, $15 after March 3rd For children age 7 and older.
Send registration and fees to Greater Sitka Arts Council, PO Box 564 Sitka, AK 99835
include name, age, number of participants, and phone or email contact.
Questions call Jeff at 747-4821
Thursday March 13th
• 48 Hour Film Fest films will be shown 6:00 p.m. $5.00 admission. Downtown Coliseum Theater
Friday March 14th
• Gallery Walk in down town Sitka, 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Shops TBA.
Saturday March 15th
• Singer/Song Writer Grind, At the Performing Arts Center, doors open 6:30 p.m., show starts at 7:00 p.m., tickets at Old harbor Books.